As the “Back to school” moment gets closer people around the world are very busy buying new notebooks, pens, envelopes, ect. but I seem to realize (as I always do) that notebooks are getting weirder and weirder. Many notebooks contail messeges that are rather funny or trivial or even having a concept that says “Save the Earth” (Just like mine except mine says: “Recycle”).
I went to my cousins house a found these pile of Stradmore notebooks and as I look into them I couldnt help but keep reading and laughing at the same time.
Courtesy of: Rosegil, Mariel and Angelica Mercado (For letting me read the cover of the notebooks)
1st Notebook: (Acronyms)
TAIWAN = True Adoration Is Wonderful And Never-ending
KOREA = Keep Optimistic Regardless of Every Adversity
MALAYSIA = May All Look At You & Show Instant Admiration
PARIS = Please Always Remember Im Sincere
LIBYA = Love is Beautiful You Also
RUSSIA = Romance Under the Sky & Stars is Intimate Always
ITALY = I Trust And Love You
BURMA = Between Us Remember Me Always
EGYPT = Everything Great You Pretty Thing
CANADA = Cute And Nice Action that Developed into Attraction
JAPAN = Just Always Pray At Night
HOLLAND = Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Die
CHINA = Come Here I Need Affection
FRANCE = Friendship RemainsAnd Never Can End
NEPAL = Never Ever Part As Lovers
INDIA = I Nearly Died In Adoration
MANILA = May All Night Inspire Love Always
YEMEN = Youre Everything My Everything Now
2nd Notebook: Pop Quiz! Use the word(s) in a sentence (Warning: Requires Literacy and Logic)
- Deflate – Can you please wash DEFLATE (The Plate) for me.
- Papers – Some people PAPERS (Pay first) at the gas station.
- Chicken Nut Bread – Stop choking your sister! CHICKEN NUT BREAD. (she cannot breath)
- Affect – Maria is wearing AFFECT (a fake) diamond ring.
- Despise – Who bakes all DESPISE? (the spice)
- Mention – Their house is so big its like a MENTION. (mansion)
- Devastation – Every morning I wait for the bus at DEVASTATION. (the bus station)
- Decanter – You can order that medicine over DECANTER. (the counter)
- Protestant – Apples, Oranges and other fruits can be bought at the PROTESTANT. (fruit stand)
- Iraq – IRAQ (a rock) is bigger than a stone.
- Iran – IRAN (a ran) is faster than walking.
- Egypt – EGYPT (a jeep) is smaller than a truck.
- Wander – Hello?! Any WANDER? (one there)
- Deduct Defense Defeat Detail – DEDUCT(the duck) jumped over DEFENSE (the fence). DEFEAT (the feet) first then DETAIL. (the tail)
- Schooling – Hello who’s SCHOOLING (is calling)
- Deletion – The skin of DELETION (the Lechon) is so crispy. (You wont understand the humor in this unless you don’t know what a Lechon is)
- Cardiac – Oh no! The new car of Peter was CARDIAC (carjack) the other night.
- Deposit – DEPOSIT (the faucet) is leaking.
- Opinion – hindi OPINION (open yun)
- Difference and Differences – If the royal family has a baby boy he is called DIFFERENCE (the prince) but if it is a girl she is called DIFFERENCES. (the princess)
- Persuading – My friend and his husband are celebrating their PERSUADING (first wedding) anniversary tomorrow.
- Deficit – Before I jumped into the pool I always check how DEFICIT. (deep is it)
- Suspicious – I didn’t know his house was so big. Its SUSPICIOUS! (so spacious)
- Calculator – I cant talk right now. I’ll CALCULATOR. (call you later)
3rd Notebook: Car Quotes
- Smile! It scares people.
- When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
- This vehicle is protected by anti-theft sticker.
- I’m only speeding cause I really need to poop.
- If at first you don’t succeed…Blame someone else.
- Cleverly disguised as an adult.
- So many pedestrians so little time.
- CAUTION: I drive just like you.
- Always remember you are unique…Like everyone else.
- I think…Therefore I’m single.
- How many roads must a man travel down before he admits he is lost?
- Don’t worry what people think, they dont do it often.
- He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
- Light travels than a speed of sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.